We hope to return to regular in-person services soon. We continue to worship on Zoom every Sunday, with hybrid worship (Zoom and in person) the 1st Sunday each month.
(Contact Pastor Kate at 707-291-5897 for Zoom invitation)
As we gather, we move into a space of prayerful silence to prepare for an encounter with God.
What should you expect at Sunday worship?
- We offer weekly Sunday Zoom services and a hybrid Communion service (on Zoom and in person) on the first Sunday of each month.
- Each Sunday we meet in person on the patio at 9 am for a brief service of Morning Prayer. All are welcome!
- We welcome you and offer a bulletin that explains the readings and hymns for that Sunday.
- We pray aloud together, and we also have time for silent prayer. We read from the Bible. The minister will give a short sermon.
- The minister usually calls for joys and concerns, when any person may ask for prayers about a person or event in their life.
- We offer a time and place for your prayers and meditation. Worship is informal, dress is casual. The service lasts about 1 hour.
Is there music?
Music is very important to our spiritual experience. We love to sing! Musicians play a variety of instruments. We sing a variety of hymns, from traditional to new music and songs with international flavor. The choir sings an anthem, and may lead us to sing along.
Do children attend worship?
Usually we invite children and youth to join in worship. When in-person weekly services return, we invite children to join the Pastor in the front of the church for a short message for young disciples, relating a Bible lesson to daily life or recent events.
The children collect an offering for local food programs, contributing a symbolic 2 cents for each meal. Younger children may attend Sunday school. Any child may worship with the congregation, or may participate in Christian education programs
What is Communion?
Sharing bread and juice, as Jesus did with his disciples, we remember his death and await his return. This practice reminds us of God’s love, and it becomes spiritual nurture for us. On the first Sunday each month, we celebrate communion (currently during our hybrid service) Every adult and child is welcome to participate, or you may simply listen or pray, as you choose.
When we worship in person, we gather afterwards in the social room for coffee, tea and light snacks. You can meet and talk with the Pastor, members, neighbors and visitors.
Our church looks forward to several special worship services during the year:
- Christmas Eve candlelight and carols
- Palm Sunday parade with palms and special music
- Maundy Thursday
- Easter Sunday outdoor sunrise service, and/or celebratory family worship at 11 am
- Community Gratitude Service
Please visit us anytime! Contact Pastor Kate for the Zoom invitation;
Pastor Kate Clayton, [email protected]
phone 415-488-9318 (office) or 707-291-5897 (cell)
Feel free to contact us and ask questions. Participate in all or part of the service, or come to our other programs and activities. We want you to feel comfortable in our spiritual community.