We gather in prayerful silence to prepare for an encounter with God.
What should you expect at Sunday worship?
- You can hear the bell ring at 11 am. We greet you and offer a bulletin that explains the readings and hymns for that Sunday.
- We pray aloud together, and also have time for silent prayer. We read from the Bible. The minister will give a short sermon.
- The minister will call for joys and concerns, when any person may ask for prayers about an important event in his or her life.
- We offer a time and place for your prayers and meditation. Worship is informal, dress is casual. The service lasts about 1 hour.
Is there music?
We love to sing ! Musicians play piano, organ, guitar, flute, drums, or other instruments. We sing traditional hymns, new music and songs with international flavor. The choir may sing an anthem, or may lead us to sing along. Music is central to our spiritual experience.
Do children attend worship?
Yes! We invite children and youth to join in worship. Midpoint in the service, we invite children to join the Pastor in the front of the church for a short children’s sermon, relating the Bible lesson to daily life or recent events.
The children collect an offering for local food programs, contributing 2 cents for each meal.
Younger children may attend Sunday school. Any child may worship with the congregation, or may participate in Christian education programs.
What is Communion?
Sharing bread and wine (non-alcoholic), as Jesus did with his disciples, symbolizes God’s love for us. On the first Sunday each month, we host an open table. Every adult and child is welcome to participate, or you may simply listen, as you choose.
After worship, we gather in the social room for coffee, tea and light snacks. You can meet and talk with the Pastor, members, neighbors and visitors.
Special Worship Services
Our church looks forward to several special worship services during the year:
- Christmas Eve candlelight and carols
- Palm Sunday children’s procession and special music
- Easter Sunday outdoor sunrise service, or family worship at 11 am
Visit and check us out.
Feel free to ask questions. Participate in all or part of the service, or come to our other programs and activities. We want you to feel comfortable in our spiritual community.